Beautiful Orange Mongolian Chicken
Mongolian Chicken Ingredients:
* 200 g chicken breasts , cut into small pcs.
* 3 tablespoons Heinz ketchup (or your favourite brand)
* 1 teaspoon vinegar
* 1 cup water , mixed with
* 1 chicken bouillon cube (I use Maggi brand)
* 4 tablespoons oil
* 2 spring onions , white part only,finely chopped
* 2 spring onions , green part only,cut into 1 inch pieces
* 2 tablespoons cornflour
* 1 teaspoon red chili powder
* 9 garlic flakes , crushed
* 1 egg , beaten
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
* 1 tablespoon cornflour
* 1 tablespoon oil
* 1 pinch red food coloring
Mongolian Chicken Directions:
1.Prepare the marinade by mixing together all the ingredients mentioned under"For marinade" to the beaten egg in a large bowl.
2. Add the chicken pieces to the marinade.
3. Mix the chicken pcs.
4.to coat well in the marinade.
5.Allow to marinate for 30 minutes.
6.Heat oil in a wok.
7.Add the marinated chicken pieces.
8.Stir-fry for 4 minutes.
9.Drain on clean paper towels.
11.Heat 2 tbsps.
12.of oil in a frying pan.
13.Add the red chilli powder and the crushed garlic.
14.Then stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
15.Add the chicken pieces, increase heat, and allow to cook lightly for a few minutes or until the chicken has cooked well.
16.Then, remove the chicken pieces onto a clean plate and keep aside.
17.To the remaining oil, add the white spring onions and stir-fry briefly.
18.Add the water mixed with the chicken cube.
19.Bring to a boil.
20.Lower flame and stir in the ketchup.
21. Add sugar and salt to taste.
22. Mix well.
23.Dissolve the cornflour in 1/2 cup of water.
24.Add this cornflour-water mixture to the curry.
25.Stir till the sauce thickens.
26.Add the chicken pieces and the green portion of the spring onions.
27.Cook for a minute.
28.Add the vinegar and then remove from heat.
29.Serve hot with naans or kulchas or rotis or parathas and/or my salt free and oil free white Basmati rice. Enjoy !