MONGOLIAN CHICKEN RECIPE 2
A great Mongolian Chicken recipe to try !
MONGOLIAN CHICKEN RECIPE INGREDIENTS
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 10 oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut on the diagonal into 1/4-inch thick and 2-inch long slices
- 1/2 teaspoon minced (finely chopped) garlic
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground dried chili
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons cold water
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon Shaoxing rice wine (available at Chinese stores) or dry sherry
- 1/3 cup Family Chicken Broth
- 1 teaspoon dark soy sauce
- 4 chinese dried mushrooms (available at Chinese stores), soaked in warm water for 45 minutes, rinsed, water squeezed out, stems discarded, and caps halved
- 1/2 small red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch triangles
- 3 scallions (spring onions), mainly white parts, cut into 2-inch lengths
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch, mixed with 2 teaspoons cold water, for thickening
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoon ground bean sauce (mo si jeung) (available at Chinese stores)
- Family Chicken Broth
MONGOLIAN CHICKEN RECIPE INSTRUCTIONS
Mix the marinade ingredients together and marinate the chicken while you prepare all of the other ingredients for cooking. Mix together the garlic, chilis, and onion. Combine the ground bean sauce, water, and sugar.
Heat a wok, add the peanut oil, and swirl the surface with oil. Stir-fry the garlic mixture for 5 seconds. Add the ground bean sauce mixture and stir-fry for 5 seconds. Add the rice wine and combine. Pour in the broth; then the dark soy sauce and stir to combine. Add the chicken, mushrooms, bell peppers, and scallions. Stir-fry over high heat for 2-3 minutes. Then, reduce the heat a little, and stir in the thickening mixture for a few seconds.
Finally, add the sesame oil, which will impart a beautiful fragrance and richness to the dish. The Mongolian Chicken recipe is ready to serve hot...nice ! Enjoy !